Things to do in Limerick
Within 10 minutes of the hotel are 20 other dining options, Dolans Pub which has live traditional entertainment 7 nights a week, Peter Clohessey's Sinbin Nightclub, King Johns Castle, The Hunt Museum, Limerick Racecourse, the world famous Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and a wide variety of golf courses.
“It’s a great weekend destination”
Legendary RTE broadcaster Joe Duffy, recently presented his radio show to some 400,000 listeners from the Clarion Hotel Limerick and had the following things to say about Limerick during his visit.
“I was up very early this morning and I went up to the refurbished Limerick City Gallery of Art which I have always been a big fan of. It’s fantastic – the Hunt Museum is brilliant as well - and the little restaurant, Zest, was great,” he said.
During his trip Joe also visited the Frank McCourt Museum and recalled how the “very generous” Limerick author gave him the first exclusive interview after Angela’s Ashes won the Pulitzer Prize.
The broadcaster, who has become a household name as a result of his down-to-earth presenting style, remarked that Limerick city had a “real buzz about it” during his visit.
“Cities are cities and they have a rich tapestry to say the least – I think Limerick is fantastic. I love the streets up where the People’s Park is. I think between the Hunt Museum and the gallery, the university and Thomond Park it’s a great weekend destination,” he said.
Click here for the "Let Limerick Surprise You" Brochure and a useful links list
Stay at the Clarion Hotel Limerick and receive a 25% Discount at some fantastic attractions! Below are a list of just a few, a full list is available from the reservations team.
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Greyhound Racing - check out www.igb.ie/Stadia/Limerick/
- Foynes Flying Boat Museum
- Georgian House & Garden
- The Hunt Museum
- King Johns Castle
- Limerick Greyhound Stadium
- Thomond Park Museum
- UL Activity Centre
- Adare Heritage Centre
- Aillwee Cave & Burren Birds of Prey
Craggaunowen Special Discount Offer
€20.00 for a family ticket to Craggaunowen for 2 Adults and up to 6 children
Bunratty Castle & Folk Park Discount Offer
€30.00 for a family ticket to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park for 2 Adults and up to 6 children.
Top 11 Things to Do in Limerick City
- The Thomond Park Museum Rugby Tour (5 mins drive)
- Visit the historic King John’s Castle, Nicholas Street (10 mins walk)
- Family fun at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park (10 mins drive)
- Enjoy a night at the dogs at Limerick Greyhound Track (3 mins drive)
- Take the Angela’s Ashes Walking Tour (10 mins walk)
- Browse around the Milk Farmer’s Market (10 mins walk)
- Visit the world famous Hunt Museum (10 mins walk)
- Enjoy a Hop–on, hop-off bus tour of Limerick (10 mins walk)
- Delta Adventure City and Karting (10 mins drive)
- Soak up Limerick’s Georgian past at The Georgian House and Garden (3 mins walk)
- RollerJam in Limerick City (Munster's only roller skate rink)
Top Ten Things to Do within a Short Drive
- The Cliffs of Moher, Irelands biggest tourist attraction (1 hr drive)
- The Burren (1.5 hr drive)
- Worrell’s End, Castleconnell a place of scenic beauty (20 mins drive)
- Visit the beautiful Clare Glens in Murroe (30 mins drive)
- Adare Village, Adare, Co. Limerick (20 mins drive)
- Horse Racing at Limerick Raceourse, Patrickswell (15 mins drive)
- Mountain biking in the Ballyhoura Mountains,(45 mins drive)
- Limerick Garden Trail(various gardens throughout Co. Limerick)
- Foynes Flying Boat Museum, Foynes (25 mins drive)
- Curraghchase Forest Park, Kilcornan (20 mins drive)